The wheels are now in motion for all States and…Read more
GETTING READY FOR THE…Read more
Be one of the first to receive my upcoming book:…Read more
What other people say
Peter has a deep understanding of the real estate market, and the legal and commercial issues faced by its players. Peter brings to each transaction a wealth of experience gained over decades of acting on complex deals ranging across property financing, joint ventures, development projects and structuring, for a variety of Australian and international businesses. Peter is a ‘deal doer’ ...Read more
Kingsmede has trusted Peter to represent them across a number of varied and complex real estate, development and financing transactions over the past five years. His commercial approach and in depth understanding of real estate markets and financing has ensured we always achieved the desired outcome and completed the transaction. Peter is a trusted adviser who we seek counsel on ...Read more
... key attribute that stands out to me is his emphasis on providing effective and efficient legal advice in a commercial context. As a former lawyer myself, I have seen firsthand on many transactions how a grandstanding or pedantic lawyer can delay or derail a transaction and add unnecessary cost and complexity. Peter is not one of these lawyers and ...Read more
... Peter played key roles on several landmark deals for both foreign and domestic investors and developers, using his expertise and formidable experience to ensure the practical application of law to many technical and complex transactions. A key feature of his work is his ability to provide user-friendly advice delivered extremely efficiently and in a timely manner, ensuring the clients' commercial ...Read more
We had the opportunity to work together with Peter during a very extensive and complicated acquisition for a new project “Southpoint” in Brisbane where he took the negotiation lead on the Development Management Agreement (being the key document relating to the development) as well as overseeing all other major documentation. His enthusiasm, engagement and knowledge was remarkable. His professionalism and ...Read more
Peter Faludi is a member of The Alternative Board of which I am the chairman of the Ryde-Parramatta Region. The Alternative Board consists of the owners/managing directors of a number of small to medium sized businesses. The skills and experience of the other board members provide guidance to individual members in overcoming issues which arise in the course of their ...Read more
Peter has assisted me in relation to property financing, joint venture and co-ownership arrangements and other commercial matters relating to property transactions for nearly 10 years. As a property investor and developer, I have found his expertise and commercial approach invaluable in guiding me (and my investors) through complex transactions and making sure our interests were properly looked after. His ...Read more
How we help you achieve your property investment goals – Knowledge is power
At Peter Faludi Consulting we believe that property investors will improve their investment outcomes if they are aware of the issues relevant to their transactions prior to signing any documents committing them to a particular course of action. These issues can relate to many matters including:
- Is it necessary for any party to the transaction to obtain FIRB approval?
- What are the main matters that need to be dealt with in documentation to protect the investor’s interests?
- Will it be possible to obtain finance for the project in the current market and where can such finance be obtained?
- What restrictions or covenants are likely to be included in finance documentation used for the project?
- Given the nature of the proposed project, are the investor’s current advisers sufficiently skilled and experienced to be able to implement the transaction in a cost effective and timely manner so as to protect the interests of the investor?
We leverage off 30+ years of legal and transactional experience in property investment, development and finance matters so YOU get the benefit in a cost-effective way.
YOU will receive the benefit of our friendly, RESULTS focussed advice and service. We are passionate and committed to getting the #1 result, never compromising on the quality of our advice and service.
We have the tools, the knowledge and the experience so property investors and developers not only save money and time on their current projects but are also regarded as more savvy and attractive counterparties to be invited to participate in future projects.
Peter Faludi Consulting does not provide advice in relation to tax, financial, construction, accounting, environmental or similar issues but is able to refer clients to advisers in these areas, if requested.
AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT GETTING THE RIGHT ADVICE
A borrower signed a term sheet for a loan before getting advice as to the meaning of some of the conditions referred to in it. The proposed loan was for about $40m and was going to be used to refinance some of the equity previously used to buy a property in Sydney. The term sheet contained a restriction preventing the borrower from buying another property or borrowing any further funds without the prior consent of the lender.
Once this was pointed out to the borrower, it did not agree to the restriction and requested the lender to remove this condition. Despite attempts to renegotiate the document, the lender did not agree with the result that the loan was not provided.
AN EXAMPLE OF HOW WE HELP YOU
A local developer sought funding from an offshore investor to develop an office building. Our founder acted for the investor. The initial development management agreement produced by the local developer’s lawyers contained very few rights for the investor.
After months of negotiation, the document was amended to include numerous protections of the interests of the investor. As a result, the calculation (using the methodology finally incorporated in the document) of the final amount payable to the developer was over $5m less than the original calculation provided by the developer (and not calculated in accordance with the document).
FEES AND RANGE OF SERVICES
We are a small firm, with low overheads and laser focus that allows us to help you better in a cost effectively.
The focus of our advice is personalised commercial and legal strategic advice. We pride ourselves on being able to explain complex issues in an understandable way so you understand the relevant issues without all the legal jargon.
Our range of services and fee structures are flexible and can be customised to meet the needs of our clients.
- Australian property investment overview – a free high level initial discussion: A free initial discussion (upto 1 hour in duration) in respect of issues generally relevant to property investment, development and co-ownership transactions;
- High level project overview - an inexpensive fixed fee review and discussion: A fixed fee review and discussion (upto 2 hours in total) in respect of issues relating to a particular project;
- Detailed Project Analysis: A more detailed analysis of a particular transaction (including a high-level summary of the major issues to be considered);
- Let’s start drafting - Document Negotiation: Assisting in the negotiation of the terms of the initial documentation (generally being a term sheet, heads of agreement or memorandum of understanding);
- Peace of mind - Adviser Management: Acting as traffic controller in relation to professional advisers engaged by you in implementing the transaction.